Polreath On The Isles of Scilly Is Looking For A Couple To Assist In Their Tea Room And Guest House
Two seasonal positions available for a couple from 29th April to 20th September 2019.
Up to 44 hours per week over 6 days with Saturdays off.
Basic double bed accommodation provided plus breakfast and lunch when on duty.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic cook/housekeeping couple to help us this summer in our small but busy, family run tea room and guest house where no one day is ever quite the same!
These are temporary, seasonal positions starting at the end of April until late September and will suit a couple who want to experience a taste of island life and get involved in a small family business.
Duties will include:-
- Preparing and cooking lunches to order from scratch.
- Picking fresh produce from the garden.
- Serving customers and guests.
- Making bread and baking cakes.
- Helping to maintain a clean, tidy and hygienic work kitchen.
- Filling and emptying the dishwasher.
- Clearing and wiping tables.
- Servicing guest bedrooms and helping with changeovers.
- Previous cooking and housekeeping experience with an eye for presentation and detail.
- A desire to give excellent service to ensure customer and guest satisfaction.
- Good personal presentation, a smiley, friendly manner and a positive attitude.
- The ability to follow instructions and work well within a small team.
- A willingness to learn, progress and share ideas.
- Great organisational skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- Integrity and honesty.
- CIEH Level 2 Food Safety in Catering or be prepared to acquire it.
Basic double bedded accommodation is provided, free of charge, in our converted granite shed with en suite shower facilities. Breakfast and lunch, when on duty are provided and cooking facilities are available to use in the main kitchen. A typical working day would be 9.30am to 5pm with some Monday and Thursday evenings. Hourly rate: £8.40 per hour for workers aged 25 years and over, £7.80 per hour for workers aged 24 and under.
Our tea room and guest house are situated on the stunning island of St. Martin's, one of five inhabited islands 28 miles off the Cornish coast.
With approximately 140 residents year round, a general stores/post office, bakery, hotel and pub, this seasonal position will suit those with a love of the great outdoors who have a desire to experience island life and who will be comfortable living in a small but friendly community.
If, as a couple you have the skills and experience that we are looking for and would like the opportunity to work with us in a beautiful island location this summer, then please read on.
First, visit our website www.polreath.com to find out a little bit more about us and the Islands.
Then, email Sarah and Jason at email@example.com telling us why you think you're the right people for the job. We'd like to know what you're currently doing, your notice period and available dates, your future plans, the type of things you like to cook most and how you would get the best out of your time on St. Martin's. Please also send us your CV and a recent photo.
- Applications close on 10th March 2019.
- Interviews will be conducted via video chat w/c 18th March 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applicants Must Have The Legal Right To Work In The UK
These jobs may fit you 👇
Stocks Hotel on the Channel Island of Sark require a Housekeeping and Laundry Assistant for the 2019 summer season.
Stocks is a busy, family run, 23-bedroom luxury farmhouse style hotel, with two popular restaurants and bars. Located in the centre of the beautiful British C
- United Kingdom
- Stocks Hotel Sark
The Summer Isles Hotel and Restaurant is a small but famous hotel and restaurant located in Achiltibuie on the far north-west coast of Scotland.
We are recruiting staff for the 2019 season which runs from now until end October 2019.
- United Kingdom
- Summer Isles Hotel