Fancy a change of scenery but enjoy working close with customers? Apply now to become a Barista in Niseko to provide exceptional customer service through the preparation and delivering food and drinks in the Skye Cafe Deli and Kumo Restaurant.
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest.
- Efficient payment processing.
- Barista style coffee preparation and service.
- Prepare or serve any baked items.
- Preparing coffee and bakery items for guest take out.
- Educate guests on a variety of beverages and their preparation.
- Handling a variety of drinks during peak business hours.
- Experience working as a barista.
- POS & register knowledge.
- Sales experience.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English. Japanese not essential but highly regarded.
- 18 November 2019 to 15 March or 12 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,250 - 1,450 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Kumo means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).
These jobs may fit you 👇
Are you ready to take your 'can do, will do' attitude abroad? Or even better, to the French Alps? Check out Workaseason Hotel & Kitchen Staff Roles available here!
Are you ready to take your skills global? Experience the winter of a lifetime working as a chef / cook in the French Alps!
Dreaming of taking your culinary skills worldwide? Experience the winter of a lifetime working as a Cook & Baker in Japan with FoodWork.