Dreaming of taking your culinary skills worldwide? Experience the winter of a lifetime working as a Cook & Baker in Japan with FoodWork.
Cooks & Bakers will be responsible for preparing and cooking food to the highest of standards in FoodWork, the production kitchen for Kumo Restaurant.
Start Date: 11 November 2019
- Hands on food preparation and cooking at a workstation.
- Preparing meals and prep supplies for Kumo Restaurant and Skye Cafe Deli
- Preparing baked goods and pastries for the FoodWork Bakery
- Maintaining communication with Chef
- Prepare dishes according to our concept
- Creating ‘specials’ with Chef
- Maintaining a sanitary and neatly arranged workstation
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Experience working as a cook or baker.
- Understands how a successfully kitchen operates.
- Professional attitude with courteous and friendly manner.
- Punctual individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Fluent English or Japanese
- Shows high levels of attention to detail.
- 11 November 2019 to 31 March or 12 April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,250 - 1,350 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
- Accommodation is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price & Discounts on HTM's services
- Please see HTM's website for more details on what they book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Kumo will want you back and would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).
These jobs may fit you 👇
Guesthouse in Ski Resort Saalbach Hinterglemm, Austria is looking for cleaning & kitchen staff, apply here today!
- Soulscape Ltd
Are you ready to take your 'can do, will do' attitude abroad? Or even better, to the French Alps? Check out Workaseason Hotel & Kitchen Staff Roles available here!