Experienced Rental and Retail Shop Supervisors required for the 2019-20 winter season in Niseko!
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee all aspects of the day to day operations of the Rental, Retail and Valet operations of the YamaSport shops
- Provide genuine, friendly and professional advice to guests with the aim of providing them with a seamless, easy, enjoyable holiday experience
- In conjunction with YamaSport management, direct shop staff to ensure all operational aspects are covered
- Training staff on products, procedures and customer service
- Oversee the front desk processes, including the welcoming and signing in of rental guests, cash, credit card and pre-booked account transactions, and daily balancing of tills
- Ensure you and the Front Counter staff have thorough retail and rental product knowledge
- Ensure shop opening and closing procedures are carried out
- Deal with any customer service issues that may arise, referring them to management if required
- Providing accurate information on the resort area and where to book other services such as ski school and guiding services
- Liaise with our other shops, and ski valets regarding returned gear pick ups
- Liaise with stores person / driver to ensure the rental equipment is restocked regularly to provide a full selection for guests
- Assisting rental technicians with all duties as required
- Keeping all areas of operation clean, tidy and organised.
- Experienced in rental and retail operations, ideally with staff supervisory or management experience
- Passionate about snow sports and enjoy sharing that enthusiasm
- Knowledgeable about skis and boards and snow equipment in general
- A customer service star with endless patience
- Genuinely friendly and professional with great communication skills
- Enjoy working in a busy team environment
- Capable of making decisions and working autonomously, while also working to achieve department and company goals in conjunction with management.
- Have a good command of English - the ability to speak a second language such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese would be a great plus but not essential.
Previous experience working as a rental shop supervisor or manager is highly regarded – but if you have the above qualities and are ready to step up to a supervisory role, we welcome your application.
- 15th November 2019 to 30th April 2020, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and we may ask you to work more or less hours and days.
- ¥1,500 - ¥1,600 per hour.
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for YamaSports means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, YamaSports will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).
These jobs may fit you 👇
Check out Yama Sport's opportunity to become a Rental Technician in Niseko this Winter season!
- Yama Sport
Join our team for a fantastic winter season in the Alps!
Reporting to the Area Manager you will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all Alpine Elements property within resort.
- Alpine Elements